One of the most asked questions in regards to holidaying is, are cruises really worth it? As someone that has been on a cruise holiday, I can firmly say yes HOWEVER this is largely dependent on your personal wants and desires. I cruised with Carnival Cruises from Sydney Australia to the South Pacific for a total of 14 days and price wise I would say it was totally amazing. There are many reasons why I think they are worth it and I will list some here.
- Once you have paid for your room rate, there are only limited expenses on board you need to pay for. For example, all your onboard meals are paid for which leaves quite a bit in the bank for spending on the islands. The only things that are not included in your payment are any extra excursions you want to do on the islands, the casinos, the 5-star restaurant, the spa and alcoholic drinks.
- There are so many onboard activities to do while you are on your “sea days”. There are trivia nights, theatre shows, game nights, comedy shows, magic shows, bingo, kids club, sunbathing outside and swimming in the swimming pools, the spa, the gym, disco’s, bar nights, karaoke and much more! You’ll be sure to never get bored while you’re on the boat. Another handy thing about the cruise is that they provide you with a list of all the entertainment and shows the night before so you can plan ahead.
- The amazing staff and people. I have found that all the staff and people that are cruising away are all lovely and friendly. It is so easy to have a laugh with complete strangers and make life-long friends!
- The convenience of only unpacking once. If you’re one of those people that hate unpacking and repacking every time they get to a new destination, this is your dream come true! You get to unpack once for the entire duration of your holiday.
- Being able to see more than one island per holiday. We all know how expensive it can be to travel to multiple islands on the one holiday – even if we have only priced it up online. Cruising allows you to see more than one destination. For example, when I went on my cruise we started off in Sydney, then moved onto New Caledonia, Fiji where we docked at Nandi and Suva, Vanuatu, back to New Caledonia to see Isle of Pines and then back home. As you can see we docked at 5 different destinations, while only paying for the price of one!
- Most importantly for all the families traveling with children, there is a kids club! You drop your children off at the kids club in the morning and they entertain and feed them for the entire day. How amazing is that? You get to relax and not have to worry about whether your children are having fun.
- There is an onboard spa where you can pick the package and treatment you want. However, I do have to mention that the spa onboard is extremely overpriced for what you do get. If you’re not one to worry about pricing then you will love the treatments that they provide you with.
These are only a couple reasons why cruising is amazing and fun! It is appealing to people of all ages because they certainly do cater to all individuals. So why not give it a try? There are sample cruise options that you can try before you do a long-haul trip, they are only one to two-night stays onboard but you do get to see what it is like onboard!